History Banter Podcast, Episode 12: Django Unchained (2012)

This week, Brad Folsom and I (Cameron Sinclair) are joined again by professor of history Andrew J. Torget. In this episode, we review Django Unchained (2012), directed by Quentin Tarantino, and starring Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Samuel L. Jackson. By setting a 1970s-style spaghetti western in the Old South, Quentin Tarantino combines American slavery, old west bounty hunters, the German tale of Siegfried and Brunhilda, and brutal, unrelenting violence. How accurate is Tarantino’s depiction of slavery? Find out here!

django

Let us know what you think! Tweet us (@historybanter), post on our Facebook page (facebook.com/historybantercom), or email us ([email protected]). Thanks again for listening!

On the next podcast – 10 historical events that should be made into movies

Intro music from this episode:
“Kid on My Shoulders” from Fort Nightly by White Rabbits
whiterabbitsmusic.com

Click here to subscribe on iTunes!

Play
(Visited 104 times, 6 visits today)