History Banter Podcast, Episode 33: V for Vendetta (2005) LIVE! w/ Dr. Jennifer Allen and Ahad Hayaud-Din

Two weeks ago, we held our first ever History Banter live event, hosted by the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema in Richardson, Texas and in conjunction with the Brookhaven College Department of History. We watched the 2005 film adaptation of Alan Moore’s graphic novel, V for Vendetta. The Alamo Drafthouse gave everyone Guy Fawkes masks (image below) and we had a panel following the movie, in which Brad and I were joined by friends-of-the-show Dr. Jennifer Allen and Ahad Hayaud-Din. This is the live recording of the panel discussion, where we discuss the history behind the real Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes copycats, and what this movie can tell us about authoritarianism, fascism, anarchism, terrorism, and Bradism. Not so much the last one…

v1

IMG_2302

alamopanel

Let us know what you think! Tweet us (@historybanter), post on our Facebook page (facebook.com/historybantercom), or email us ([email protected]). Thanks again for listening!

On the next podcast – Did Sylvester Stallone win the Cold War?

Intro music from this episode:
“Where No Eagles Fly” from Tyranny by Julian Casablancas and the Voidz – juliancasablancas.com

Click here to subscribe on iTunes!

Play
(Visited 44 times, 14 visits today)
Tagged with →